EXCERPT FROM HERE: https://www.phoenix.gov/newsroom/em-and-hs/1353
Who are exempt from wearing a face covering?
- Those with a medical condition, mental health condition, developmental disability, or are otherwise covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act.Children under two years old [ amended by County Order].
- People whose religious beliefs prevent them from wearing a face covering.
- Restaurant patrons while they are eating and/or drinking.
- Individuals exercising outdoors or while walking or exercising with other people from the same household, if physical distancing of 6 feet from others who are not your family members can be maintained.
- People engaging in organized group or team sports, exercise or other physical activities where it is not practicable or feasible to wear a mask or physically distance.
- People in settings where it is not practical or feasible to wear a face covering, including when obtaining or rendering goods or services, such as the receipt of dental services or medical treatments.
Can a medical condition exempt you from wearing a face mask? Doctors weigh in
Under the Mayor’s Stay Home, Mask and Otherwise Stay Safe Orders, businesses will not face a penalty if the person without a mask is, “is at a greater mental or physical health, safety or security risk, such as anyone who has trouble breathing, or is unconscious, incapacitated or otherwise unable to remove the cover without assistance.”
The order explained that the exception is if wearing a face covering poses a greater risk due to a medical condition.
“Businesses can consult the Americans with Disabilities Act for further direction as to whether they can prohibit the entrance of a person/employee based on their refusal to wear a mask,” said a spokesperson with the City of Austin.
Commentary: WHAT DOESN’T MAKE SENSE THOUGH IS THAT GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS ARE SAYING CONSULT ADA – So either the Government doesn’t know what it is saying or THEY ARE AFRAID THIS EXEMPTION WILL BE USED. So is the Phoenix State Government lying? Is spokesperson for the city of Austin lying, or ADA is LYING or MISLEADING US. It would not be the first time!
Excerpt from here: https://www.ada.gov/covid-19_flyer_alert.html
The Department of Justice has been made aware of postings or flyers on the internet regarding the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the use of face masks due to the COVID-19 pandemic, many of which include the Department of Justice’s seal.
These postings were not issued by the Department and are not endorsed by the Department.
The Department urges the public not to rely on the information contained in these postings and to visit ADA.gov for ADA information issued by the Department.
Commentary: INSERT CALL INTO THEIR AGENCY HERE REGARDING THE FLYER
YOU DECIDE YOURSELF: HERE is a “FLYER” Not Endorsed By ADA but at the Same time two separate governments endorsed regarding exemptions: I plan to personally print out wallet sized cards that are not “flyers” talking about my exemption rights.